Monday, December 11, 2006

Seratonin bars in Chicago

See, and here I thought I had nothing to say. I just read about a new concept - the chocolate lounge. Thanks to Graphic Design USA for pointing it out, albeit in November 2005, and thanks to the ever-informative JOTW for passing it on.

First of all, of course this place is called Ethel's. Two of my great-grandmas were named Ethel. I don't think there is a more loving, Jewish-grandma-ish name out there.

And I love that they're open all over Chicago (there's a warm place in my heart for Chicago) because you really need to warm up there, and I hear the seratonin in chocolate helps with that. But most of all, since I rarely get to Chicago anymore, I really love that the only one outside of Chicago is in Las Vegas.

Oh, and lastly I love that someone is trying to take the Starbucks concept to a new food. Let's see if it works.

No comments: